|Loading, please wait|
It was a lovely morning, the birds were chirping and the sun was shining. I woke to the humming whispers from townsfolk that the The Melbourne Cup was nearly upon us.
To my satisfaction I had never cared about horse racing so I dismissed the news… Or so I thought.
Let me just say that before I get into this review never switch on your PS4 if you’re bored, because if you’re bored you start looking at things from a procrastinating point of view. Which is dangerous, especially if you are like me.
Evidently, as a result I bought Horse. Racing. 2016. A game so shit that I had to physically take a break because my brain became numb.
Now in saying that, the fact that’s its even on the PlayStation store in the first place is hilarious in itself. I payed $20 for this turd sandwich of a game and here’s why this experience has scarred me for life.
Whipping Horses To Death… – Gameplay
‘Yash Future Tech Solutions’ a developer which clearly has not provided any ‘tech solutions’ has stated that “This Game Uniqueness makes you play this game for hours”.
Now let me make the educated assumption that, the developers spent more time writing and forming correct sentences in their games summary than actually developing a game.
‘This Game Uniqueness’ shows nothing unique, except being able to use whips to kill horses and make it impossible for the player to win a race.
I don’t even know where to start with this game because the best way I could describe it would be to say that it’s a broken animal cruelty simulator.
Here’s a gameplay video by a youtuber named ‘Jim Sterling’, who sums up the essence of this game perfectly:
As you can see:
- Everything is full of bugs(glitches)
- Controls are awkward, with strange button mapping which can be unresponsive at times.
- Interface is bare and unappealing, with literally no content.
- The game mechanics are unbalanced and make no sense giving you the worst horse during the first season, resulting in me losing every single generic race.
- Poor character animations and frequent texture pop-ins
- Looks like a low-end mobile game.
I’ve already given this game a 0/10 and I haven’t even got into explaining the content on offer here.
Click* Copy And Paste – Content
Horse Racing 2016 features repetitive modes and races:
- 6 Horses and 6 Jocks…
- 6 Tracks which all look the same.
- 55 ‘cookie cut’ seasons.
- Climatic conditions (to make the experience even more terrible)
- 5 different race types: Time Trial, Normal, Straight, Hurdles and Free Ride.
- 4 player offline split-screen (I recommend making your friends play this)
Serious Budget Cuts – Graphics And Sound
Take a look at this trailer:
The graphics look like they’ve been peeled out of a potato, with music and sound so bad that they must’ve borrowed a couple pointers from the developers of ‘Ride To Hell: Retribution’… Absolutely disgraceful.
Above Video: ‘Piph0’ Ride To Retribution Sound And Graphics Example…
This Game Isn’t Worthy
I was going to give this game a 1 or 2 out of 10 but because of the price tag, combined with the lack of value it provides gamers, it deserves a solid rock bottom 0/10.
This game isn’t for anyone, even if you are an avid horse enthusiast. Save yourself $20 and spend it on something nice.
I hope you enjoyed this review, if you have any questions about the game; let me know in the comment section below.
Have a great day guy’s and take care!