2016 was the year of the hyped game and whilst many of them were well-received, there was one which caught a huge amount of backlash…
No Mans Sky.
A game so underwhelming that it wasn’t even finished… (5/10 IGN)
However, despite all the negative criticism, the developers at ‘Hello Games’ kept working and promised to deliver what would be a big step in the right direction.
The Update That Has Improved A Lot – Atlas Rises
The Atlas Rises update was released back in August of this year and comes with a large amount of new content, which may make you reconsider brushing off that dusty game case.
This is the largest update yet and although everything is not completely fixed, it’s definitely a step in the right direction.
The update includes improvements in the following area’s:
- New Story – adds 30 hours of new content, a quest system, double the lore, a new race and a branching narrative system. The developers also provided a brief summary of what you can expect “Discover the truth behind the Abandoned Building logs, the World of Glass, the Sentinels, the Redemption of the Gek, and the meaning of sixteen…”
- Galactic Regeneration – adds wealth, economy and conflict levels to star systems. Also, provides a completely overhauled galaxy map, to help improve navigation. In addition, way pointing allows you to see your journey from beginning to end.
- New Worlds – More variety and visual quality of planet biomes. Planets become more ‘exotic’ and unique looking, the closer you get to the center.
- Vehicles – In addition, to the ‘Dune Buggy’s’ in the ‘Path Finder Update’, there are now new ships to be purchased. With more expensive and rare ones to be found.
- Multiplayer – Perhaps the most requested feature. The good news is that it’s here! in a way… You’ll be able to see, talk (via, in-game voice-chat) and explore with other players but that’s it. You won’t be able to see a character except a ‘blue orb’, so improvement is needed.
- Mission System – missions can be taken from different NPC factions, to receive rewards and improve standings. This helps tie in with the new NPC guild system, which allows players to obtain better rewards. Missions range from combat to exploration and scanning.
- Space Combat – Enemy AI has been revamped, offering new difficulties to challenge players. Ship maneuverability has been improved, rockets have been attached to ships and a communicator allows players hail other NPC ships.
- Other Improvements – include visual HD & 4K textures, low flight mode, improved interface, teleportation & portals, terrain editing.
I have to commend Hello Games for sticking by this game and not giving up. I played it recently prior to writing, and I have to say that this update makes a huge difference! it was almost like a completely new experience…
Combine that with it’s previous updates like base building, trading and land vehicles and you get a game which is fun and immensely more enjoyable to when it was at launch.
If they keep these free updates going, then I think we are in for a treat.
Above Video: No Man’s Sky Atlas Rises Update Trailer.
Take To The Skies
Thanks for reading guy’s and Merry Christmas!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.
(On a side note: we are holding an Esports Tournament for Rocket League PS4 soon. You can find out more information here: https://cheapgameaccessories.c… Entry is free and there are prizes to be won! so why not check it out?)