Now I know there are a lot of people who are going to say “Jeremy everyone knows what Discord is…”
To which my immediate response will be “great I do too:)”.
But for the minority out there who aren’t surrounded by the ‘know of things’, this one is for you.
So sit back, take a sip of tea and enjoy the read.
A Gamer’s Community
Discord is a free voice and text chatting application; where users can collaborate, ‘hang-out’ and be a part of different online communities from the comfort of your computer or mobile phone.
What makes this application better than other free online chatting applications like Skype and TeamSpeak. Is its ease of use, in regard to the freedom it allows users.
There are no hidden subscription payments or strings attached. If you want to create a server, where all your friends both real and virtual want to join then you can! its your space to do whatever you like.
What Options Are There
When creating a room there are plenty of customization options to choose from such as:
- Permissions for other users: You can create moderation roles for you and your friends or provide a leveling system for users on your server to level up on.
- Unlimited rooms: create voice chat and text rooms for different games and discussions for example movies, shows, memes and music.
- Download bots: to enhance the experience, bots can help enrich your server with different abilities.
- Invite players: you can use limited and unlimited invite codes to invite people you’ve met online!
- User settings: can give people nicknames and titles.
I find that the experience varies depending on the people you meet and the server you join.
However, most of the time if you join a public server with lots of people participating and talking in chat, then you usually have a really good experience.
I can fondly remember joining a voice chat room called “Karaoke Bar” and having someone put on a full-blown acoustic jam session.
Things just happen and there’s always just some form of banter around every corner, which makes everything so much more engaging to interact with.
Maybe you’ll give it a go… It’s free to join!
If you liked this review, please share it around or ask me some questions below!
Take care guy’s and have a great day.